Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Arranged Vows - Chapter 4 Teaser

*dusts off blog*

Yeah I know... You probably thought I was dead or something. Nope, I am very much alive and kicking. 

So @Chrisska, made (yes, she made me) write for the contest she's hosting (Pop the Question

I probably won't win a thing in this contest (there are so many good entries, seriously go read them. They made me happy. They are all so fluffy) BUT I already won something better. I have my mojo back with a vengeance. :) 

I am so happy I could scream!! 

Anywho, Chapter 4 of this baby is off to PTB and chapter 5 is on the making. Um... this probably means I'll need to WC again. Will have to persuade someone into WCing... anyways... This is unbeta'd but I hope my grammar does not make you cringe too much. 

Love you and see you soon!



 Chapter 4: A Storm is Brewing

Bella felt so compelled to surrender. To give herself to the feelings Edward stirred within her, but her better judgement and the memory of how easily he could hurt her was making her retreat.

“You don’t trust me,” Edward stated in a low voice.

Bella flinched at the tone in his voice. It sounded almost hurt. Somehow, and in spite of how he had hurt her last night, the last thing she wanted was to cause him any kind of distress.

“I don’t know you enough yet,” she replied after a few moments of silence.

Edward didn’t know why he felt he needed her trust so badly, but the fact of the matter was he needed it.

“We’ll work on getting to know each other,” he said as he served a glass of wine and handed it to Bella.

She smiled at him sweetly and took the offered wine from his hand.

“It’s an odd situation we find each other in. Usually marriages in our class are arrangements of the same nature of the one we have. However, the parties usually pretend it’s a true marriage whereas we are truly aware of the status of our relationship. We both need something from the other that can only be gained through marriage. Somehow, I feel like the fact that we both acknowledge our predicament is what’s making us act so awkward. Do you think it would have been better if we pretended like everyone else?” Bella mused.    

“I don’t know. I don’t think so. I’ve seen the marriages of many of my friends. Trying to pretend something that isn’t takes a lot more effort than it’s worth. I am glad we are being honest with each other. I think a marriage, even one like ours which is mainly of convenience, will have more chances of being successful if honesty is the basis for it.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More